Santa Maria di Leuca
Ancient rural building of the Curtaturo type, (ancient stone construction used as a dwelling and animal shelter, built between 1500 and 1800), made of dry stone, with a dislocation of the internal rooms distributed around an open courtyard, and garden of exclusive relevance all around.
On this property there is an approved project for the recovery and renovation of the existing rooms, with pergolas as a shaded area, serving the rooms inside the building.
The building with sea view is composed of 5 rooms, with a covered area, between the various rooms and spaces in the shade area, of 60 square meters, plus the internal courtyard and an outside garden with ancient olive trees, an age-old Carob Tree and some lentisk and myrtle plants, and has a surface of 1630 square meters.
Today it preserves architectural details of the country buildings of the time, in which the farmers lived for about 6 months a year, see the underground cistern, recoverable and usable, see the kitchen made of natural fire stone, see the system of rainwater collection for filling the cistern, see the internal chimney and various niches, used to store food.
Outside the ancient building, it is possible to make additional pergolas, such as shaded areas and a possible swimming pool. In addition to an area suitable for car parking.
Unique property of its kind and proximity to the sea, away from this 500 meters.
The distance from SANTA MARIA DI LEUCA at the Airport of Salento (BRINDISI) is approximately 130 km while the distance from the capital of Salento, that Lecce is 90 km away. CASTRIGNANO CAPE is only 2 km from Santa Maria di Leuca.
It is thought that the name Castrignano Cape comes from the Latin "castrum" that means fortress, camp.
It is a fortification that the Romans used to build a defense of strategic locations. In the tenth century the Saracens destroyed the nearby farmhouse Vereto and a part of the inhabitants fled to the fortress Castrum and settled there. Thus he was born Castrignano Cape.
At the tip of Puglia and Italy is the hamlet Santa Maria di Leuca, a famous seaside resort of Salento, rich in history, culture and legends that are lost in the mists of time.
Leuca is a popular tourist destination especially for the nineteenth-century villas, built according to different styles for the most part by Ruggeri and Rossi architects.
Santa Maria di Leuca In the past it was administratively divided between the municipality of GAGLIANO CAPE for the part where there is the Sanctuary of Santa Maria de Finibus Terrae, and the municipality of CASTRIGNANO CAPE, for the part between the tip Ristola and Punta Meliso. Today Leuca lies entirely in the municipality of Cape Castrignano. More precisely, it means the area above the promontory of Leuca to Santa Maria on which there are the Basilica and the lighthouse (which with its height of 48.60 meters and its location at 102 meters above sea level is one of the most important in Italy), while the Marina di Leuca is located lower and is between tip Meliso east, at the foot of the promontory, and points west Ristola, extreme southern tip of Salento.
Fill in the following form to have more information about this property or to request an appointment to view it personally.